Yes, the blogosphere is stuffed with meatloaf recipes….well, this is how I make mine, with absolutely no fuss or fancy stuff.
Ingredients (to serve 4):
- 300g Minced Pork
- 500g Minced Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped very finely
- Large pinch of Herbes de Provence
- Tablespoon of Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Tablespoon of Tomato Sauce
Mix the pork, beef, breadcrumbs, egg and chopped onion together with the seasoning and herbs. Mould into a loaf shape on a non-stick baking baking tray or place in a loaf tin. Spread over the tomato sauce and cook in a medium hot (190 degrees Celsius) oven for about 50 minutes-1 hour, until the meatloaf is firmed up. Allow to cool slightly before turning out onto a chopping board and slicing and serving.